Rocket Science Lecture, Con't.
Day 3 (3 hours)
Day 4 (3 hours)
- Lecture on chemistry and physical configuration design of solid propellant rocket motors.
- Lecture and direct hands-on work with model rocket electrical ignition and launch safety systems.
- One-hour computer lab for students to learn how to use model-rocket computer software for flight performance prediction, stability, launch facility set-up and determination of height of apogee.
- Lecture on rocket motors and physical payload structures actually used at Poker Flat Research Range.
- Describe how scientists coming to Poker Flat Research Range use scientific experiments aboard sounding rocket payloads to study the aurora.
- Complete construction of high-power model rockets.